I purchased my 2nd skr Mini v3 for another project as very simple to install and upgrade. Unfortunately this time around it wasn’t so simple. The firmware would not flash what so ever which had me a little puzzled. As you can see from the image below the onboard SD Card was not being seen whatsoever.
After doing a little Googling I did not find a definitive answer but I did find a couple of leads. Too keep this post from becoming long and drawn out I did the following.
I connected my raspberry pi running Octoprint so I could run the terminal and ran the M21 command to make sure that the SD card reader could be seen and that wasn’t the weak link. (You could also connect the printer to the pc and use pronterface or any app where you can connect via a terminal).
I then did the following simple steps and managed to flash the firmware.
- Pushed the micro card all the way in till you hear the first click and the card cannot go any further.
- Gently release the card a couple of millimeters but do not back off to the 2nd click.
- While keeping the card held in power on your printer.
- After about 20 or 30 seconds you can then release the card and the firmware should have flashed.
- Click on print and you should now be able to see the onboard sd card like below.
Now while this may not work for everyone it may help some to help flash the firmware.